Talent Development Programs:
Our development stretches beyond just apprenticeships. We offer tuition reimbursement for all employees so they can further their education. We also have a wellness program which encompasses both financial wellness and health wellness. Insurance at STOBER is completely free to employees. Classes have been offered to employees on dieting, exercise, and quitting smoking. STOBER has offered financial education programs, including Pete the Planner.
STOBER’s pre-apprenticeship program takes the “grow your own” method of recruiting and retaining employees to the next level. Pre-apprenticeships are designed for high school students ranging from 14-18 years old. Our program is recognized by the Kentucky Department of Labor.
- Rotate through multiple departments in the company
- Work on-site for 15 hours a week
- Paid an hourly wage that increases over time
- Awarded a Journeyman’s certificate at the end of the program
- Opportunity to interview for a full time Apprenticeship position
What’s an apprenticeship? STOBER Maysville began the apprenticeship program in 2005. The return on investment typically begins shortly after the apprentice enters the program. Upon completion of the program each apprentice was placed into permanent employment at STOBER Drives in the discipline they chose as apprentices.
- Apprenticeship Program employees receive full-time benefits and pay
- Work 30 hours and go to college for 10 hours
- All school expenses are paid for by the company
- Choose from several College Institutions and Disciplines
- 8 of our 10 graduates are in significant leadership roles
To learn how to start your own apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship, contact your state Department of Labor.
STOBER Apprenticeship Press Releases
- Apprentice programs grows, retains employee base at STOBER
- Beating the Drum for Apprenticeships
- Five advantages of establishing an apprenticeship program